Thursday 5 January 2012

Wedding theme : TRAVEL

After much deliberation about what theme to choose for the wedding in France, I finally decided on TRAVEL. I wonder why it took me so long to come up with that. I love travelling and travel has been a big part of my life for the last few years.
Now that I have the theme I need to drill down on what it actually will mean on the day. I don't want to spend a lot of money on decoration, I would rather spend the money on food & wine.
Luckily for me, my cousin Sonia is amazing with DIY and decoration and I acquired her help for my Wedding project.
TRAVEL...now what : I decided to pick all the destinations that hubby and I have visited together over the last few years and use one for each table. So far, I have Hawaii, Washington, San Francisco, London, Madrid, Mexico, Cartagena de las Indias (Colombia), Paris, Las Vegas, Hong Kong, Saint Malo (in my beloved Brittany), Sonoma Valley, Carmel, Monterrey, Venice (booked for just after the wedding).
I have chosen two main colors : Blue and Sandy brown. Originally picked chocolate brown but want some light colors. I am currently scoring the internet for ideas for each table. I found a few inspired ideas. Here is a sample of those.
Favor box

Chalkboard for table Name

Urn

Loving the map hearts - maybe for coasters



My deco above the dance-floor
My table menu model

No comments:

Post a Comment